Hit enter to search or ESC to close



Insurance for international students

For more than 25 years Uni-Care has been a leading insurer of international students coming to study in New Zealand.

Uni-Care works with secondary and tertiary education providers, English language schools and overseas agents to arrange cover for their international students that satisfies the requirements of the Education (Pastoral Care of Tertiary and International Learners) Code of Practice 2021.

Travel and medical insurance for international students

Uni-Care's NZ Student Plan provides travel and medical insurance that covers international students while they are studying here in New Zealand.

Our specialists work closely with local and overseas education providers to arrange cover for their international students, and have expertise and resources available to help ease the workload of applications and policy renewals for term time. 

To find out more about our international student insurance options and how we can help, get in touch with the Uni-Care team.

Contact Uni-Care

Two students at beach

New Zealand Student Plan 

Cover includes:

  • Medical and related expenses, including loss of deposits  
  • Unexpected and unforeseen Covid-19 related costs 
  • Unexpected need to return home 
  • Loss or damage to property 
  • Personal liability cover
  • Excess for rental vehicle claims
  • Dedicated claims support
  • 24/7 emergency assistance

For full details see the policy wording below.

NZ Student Plan policy information

Uni-Care’s NZ Student Plan is underwritten by nib nz limited, part of the nib Group, a trusted international health partner that provides health insurance to over 1.4 million New Zealanders and Australians including more than 190,000 international workers and students.