12 February 2019
Free farm accommodation legislation workshops
Rural businesses who provide farm accommodation are invited to attend a free workshop on their obligations under related legislation.
The Farm Accommodation Roadshow will visit a number of locations throughout the country, and features speakers from Crombie Lockwood, Federated Farmers and the Dairy Women’s Network.
The workshops will provide insights into the obligations of rural businesses when they provide either rental accommodation to tenants, or workers' accommodation to staff. It will cover the rights and responsibilities of farm owners, sharemilkers, contract milkers and farm employees.
This event will be of interest to anyone who supplies staff with accommodation on the farm or those who live in farm housing supplied by their employer.
All workshops run from 9:30am-2pm. To register and for more information visit Dairy Women's Network.
- Wednesday 13 February – South Waikato; St John’s Hall, Overdale Street, Putaruru
- Tuesday 19 February – Western Bay of Plenty; Edgecumbe War Memorial Hall, Kauri Street, Edgecumbe
- Thursday 21 February – North Waikato; Firepot cafe, 1063 Gordonton Road, Gordonton
- Wednesday 27 February - Waiarapa; Ekatahuna Golf Club, 19 Macara Street, Eketahuna
- Wednesday 13 March - Mid Northern; Kerikeri Baptist Church, 41 Hobson Street, Kerikeri
- Tuesday 26 March – North Otago; Brydone Hotel, 115 Thames Street, Oamaru
- Wednesday 27 March – Southern Southland; Ascot Park Hotel, Corner Tay Street & Racecourse Road, Invercargill
- Wednesday 3 April - Manawatu; Cedar Room, Feilding Civic Centre, 84 Aorangi Street, Feilding
- Thursday 4 April – Taranaki; New Plymouth Racecourse, 1 Rogan Street, New Plymouth
- Wednesday 10 April – Selwyn; Darfield Library, 1 South Terrace, Darfield
- Wednesday 17 April – Taupo; REAP, 73 Titiraupenga Street, Taupo