Hit enter to search or ESC to close



Personal insurance

iStock 916068790 contents11

Contents insurance 

Protecting your home and contents is easy with Gallagher.

Whether you’re a tenant, homeowner or landlord and want comprehensive cover or just the basics, we can arrange a home and contents policy to suit you.

Contents insurance is designed to protect your household content against accidental damage and disasters – big and small.

These include loss, theft, water damage, fires and earthquakes.


What does contents insurance cover?

Contents insurance covers personal items like furniture, clothing, bedding, rugs, electrical items, whiteware and other personal effects.

Some items have limited cover unless you specify them separately on your policy schedule, such as jewellery and artwork. If you have valuables, our brokers can recommend how best to protect them.

Types of contents insurance  

Personal contents Covering your contents for accidental loss or damage
Flatters contents Cover for contents when you are flatting. Depending on the home's security and the number of flatmates, cover may be fully comprehensive or limited to certain 'defined' events only
Holiday home contents Cover may be for accidental loss or damage or limited to certain 'defined' events
Landlord contents Cover for contents you have left in the house for your tenants to use such as fridges, stoves, washing machines and other whiteware

Calculating contents insurance

Your contents sum insured amount is the total amount that would be paid out in the event of a total loss to your contents.

You are responsible for setting your contents sum insured. The easy to use contents sum insured calculator helps you estimate the value of your contents.

It’s important to make sure your contents sum insured covers all your belongings and for sufficient amounts, particularly special items such as jewellery and watches, bikes, artwork and hearing aids. Valuable possessions may need to be specified on your policy if their value is above certain limits.

Underestimating the value of your contents can leave you short if you need to replace everything in your house, or even just one valued possession.  

Help with contents insurance 

We’re here to help arrange the most appropriate cover for your contents. And we can also help insure your home. If a claim occurs, we'll support you at every step. 

Contact us to find out more.


Need to talk?
Call us now

0800 276 624

Find a