Hit enter to search or ESC to close



Rural insurance

Rural insurance

Working on the land with machinery, livestock and people comes with a unique set of risks. We work with farms throughout the country to mitigate these risks and help get operations back up and running as quickly as possible after something unexpected happens.

What rural insurance can cover

We can arrange cover for a broad range of risks including:

  • Farm assets and buildings including fences, gates, railings, yards 
  • Milk cover including penalties/demerits
  • Livestock, including farm dogs and working horses, for injury, theft and death
  • Meat contamination cover
  • Machinery breakdown
  • Business interruption covering loss of gross profit and staff wages
  • Liability for third party property damage or bodily injury
  • Motor vehicles, motorbikes, quad bikes, planes, choppers, pleasure craft and motorhome
  • Home and contents

Rural insurance solutions

Gallagher-Vero rural insurance package

Designed specifically for rural businesses the package includes cover for:

  • liability
  • assets
  • business interruption 
  • home, contents
  • motor
  • pleasurecraft

Policy holders also receive membership to Best Doctors.  This service gives you and your family free access to specialist medical advice via phone and online.

Farm Cover

Farm Cover is Gallagher's special scheme for dairy and dry stock farming businesses and is available exclusively to Farm Source customers.


Rural insurance specialists

We have a team of rural brokers across the country who understand the risks you face as an agribusiness. 

Our brokers work alongside you to regularly review your cover, ensuring it still works for your business as things change. 

Contact one of our specialist rural brokers to discuss the right cover for you and your farm.