Hit enter to search or ESC to close



Personal insurance

Family at home on sofa relaxing, covered by home insurance

Home insurance 

Your home is likely to be your most valuable asset, so you want to be sure it’s well protected against the unexpected.

Whether it's your family home, a holiday house or a rental property, we can arrange a home insurance solution for you.

Home insurance gives you cover for the big events like fires and floods, earthquakes, landslides, as well as the smaller accidents like broken windows, damaged fences and burst pipes.

Types of home insurance

Replacement sum house insurance  Provides cover for accidental loss and damage 
Rental property insurance Accidental loss and damage cover for your tenanted property. Can be extended to include cover for tenancy-related issues such as for loss of rents, deliberate damage by tenants and methamphetamine contamination.
Holiday house insurance Covers accidental damage to your holiday home and some policies can include benefits such as loss of rent, or cover for methamphetamine contamination.

Sum insured

Most New Zealand home insurance policies cover your house for up to a specified amount or 'sum insured'. This is the maximum amount payable (less applicable excesses) to rebuild your home if it’s destroyed or damaged beyond repair (total loss).

Homeowners are responsible for setting and updating the sum insured. It’s important to regularly reassess this amount to allow for any home improvements made during the year or any increases in rebuilding costs. This will give you peace of mind that your sum insured should be sufficient if you need to rebuild following a total loss.

Help with home insurance

We’re here to help arrange the most appropriate cover for your home and possessions. And if a claim occurs we'll support you at every step. Contact us to find out more.

Need to talk?
Call us now

0800 276 624

Find a