21 February 2022
Insurance Market Outlook - February 2022
Many of the factors affecting the insurance market are also those that are placing strain on the New Zealand economy. Our latest Insurance Outlook examines trends in the global and local insurance markets, and explains the issues impacting premiums across individual insurance sectors.
- Economic summary - Featuring comments from ANZ on its Economic Quarterly Outlook
- The global insurance market - How three themes are influencing the global market: natural disasters, higher inflation and restricted supply chains
- The New Zealand insurance market - Insurer results and the impact of weather events
- Insurance sector trends:
- Material damage and business interruption
- Commercial motor vehicle
- Business travel
- Directors and officers liability (D&O)
- Professional indemnity
- General liability
Download Market Outlook Feb 2022 (PDF, 730KB)
If you have any questions, or want to find out more about how this might impact your insurance coverage, talk to your broker.