Hit enter to search or ESC to close


iStock 818087910 uni care

Educational travel insurance

All international students are required to have acceptable medical and travel insurance while studying in New Zealand.

Uni-Care’s student travel insurance has been specifically designed to meet the Education Code of Practice's insurance requirements.

Find out more


What student travel insurance can cover

Student travel insurance can include 

  • cover during your travel to and from New Zealand, and during your stay here or abroad
  • qualifying medical care if you become ill or suffer an accident or injury
  • flights and care to help get you home if you suffer a serious injury or illness
  • assistance with travel costs if family members are required to assist with looking after you and getting you to your home country
  • cover for loss or damage of your personal effects
  • legal liability cover for accidental damage to someone else's property

About Uni-Care

Uni-Care specialises in travel insurance for international visitors, so you can be confident you're covered when you come to Aotearoa to study, work or travel.

Uni-Care has insurance plans to cover:

  • international students studying in New Zealand 
  • international travellers who are visiting, working or temporarily living in New Zealand
  • international travellers who are visiting, studying, working or temporarily residing in Australia and/or New Zealand

Contact Uni-Care

For a quote or to learn more about travel insurance for visitors, contact Uni-Care.